Friday, April 30, 2010

4: The numbers

























She says, "Hush my love.
The numbers don't matter while we breathe.
Just breathe."

Miles per hour.
Atoms per cubic inch.
Thrust per gallon.
Ergs per Joule.
Volts per amp.
Dollars per month.
Percentage interest.
Principal balance.
Due date.
Breathe.
Apartment number.
Ten fingers.
Two toes.
Forget.
Miney moe.
T-minus to zero
How could I
Overfill the engines,
Over try to impress,
CATO at launch.

"Shh my dear.
There's
Infinite zero in nothing.
Forget everything."
Except one thing.
Palm to the bare curve of your hip.
"Sleep my darling dear.
One light in the distance,
Tower on the rocks,
Beacons through fog to repel
Lawful invaders.
Hush my love
It's a holy warning.
The roof is still above us."
While the foredigit dissolves in the storm,
The rest are
Infinite zero in nothing.
"Calm my love
Forget the mortgage and rest."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home